Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Docbook with Math ML/Latex => PDF

Dave Pawson <davep@dpawson.co.uk> wrote on Mon, 20 Oct 2008 16:08:54
+0100:

> Yes. Not very general purpose though is it?

Granted. One should not have to resort to such complex setups.

To me, MathML solves the issue of representation and rendering (thanks
to the available MathML renderers); the remaining issue my setup tries
to address is efficient manual entry of the rather verbose MathML.

> I'm assuming that docbook => html with embedded mathl is another
> route.

That's what I do. Both PDF and XHTML are generated from the same
DocBook XML + embedded (or xi:included), namespaced MathML.

Justus