Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Re: Docbook with Math ML/Latex => PDF

Hi Dave -

To continue along the lines of our previous thread, let's make one
point clear: I think docbook already does all it can to "support"
MathML, through grammar extensions and stylesheets.

The problem is exterior to docbook:
- most importantly in efficient manual entry of MathML,
- and to some extent in downstream processing/rendering.

In the free software world, the latter, for my needs, is largely
solved thanks to the Mozilla browsers and FOP with JEuclid.

The former might be addressed e.g. by XML editors equipped with a
graphical formula editor, or - better for my needs - a preprocessor
that converts shorthand (e.g. LaTeX or similar) notation into MathML,
producing a valid DocBook + MathML XML document.

Justus

Dave Pawson <davep@dpawson.co.uk> wrote on Wed, 22 Oct 2008 16:14:06
+0100: