Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Chunking Based on Attribute

Just following up on this question… The DB5 transition guide indicates that the tocchap, toclevel1, toclevel2, etc., elements have been replaced with tocdiv. However, it looks like the 174-ns stylesheets don’t use tocdiv anywhere and still have all the logic for processing tocchap, etc. *Should* the maketoc.xsl be writing something with just flat tocentry elements (like in the example below), or should it be writing something with tocchap, toclevel1, etc., or should it be writing something with tocdiv elements? Has maketoc.xsl ever written a nested TOC (before or after DocBook5)?

Hope I’m making sense. Thanks!

cheri

From: Marvin, Scot [mailto:scotm@amazon.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 10:22 AM
To: Bob Stayton; docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org

Thanks Bob (and to David Cramer for the dbhtml solution).

I have a problem with DB 5, however. The generated XML TOC file from maketoc.xsl doesn’t seem to be a valid DB5 file. Looking at the latest stylesheets, there doesn’t seem to be any logic for generating the new <tocdiv> element. I get only <tocentry> and that’s it.

Here’s a sample of what I get:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<toc role="chunk-toc">

<tocentry linkend="WhatsNew"><?dbhtml filename="WhatsNew.html"?>

</tocentry>

<tocentry linkend="Welcome"><?dbhtml filename="Welcome.html"?>

</tocentry>

<tocentry linkend="IntroductionArticle"><?dbhtml filename="IntroductionArticle.html"?>

</tocentry>

Maybe I’m not setting a parameter correctly? But I don’t see how to nest TOC elements when only a <toc> and <tocentry> elements are generated.

Any ideas?