Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Tables stop flowing with text

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 23:21:20 +0200, Watkins, Peter
<Peter_Watkins@mentor.com> wrote:

> I'm using dblatex and pdflatex to make PDFs from a docbook file.The
> problem I'm running into is that if I put many small tables on a page,
> eventually the tables will separate from the paragraphs they're in and
> they'll end up on one page with the paragraph text on another.

You have two possibilities:

1) Ask latex to hardly try to let the tables where they are:

dblatex -Ptable.default.position=[H] file.xml

2) Do not use the float mechanism:

dblatex -Ptable.in.float=0 file.xml

I would recommend 1) for your specific case. 2) is mainly for tables that
should be splitted over several pages.

Both options work for your case. For further discussions, you should
switch to the dblatex mailing list.

Regards,
BG