Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Re: Docbook with Math ML/Latex => PDF

Rob

Your input got me further. Thanks.

You are right - the HHC uses IE but there are a few things that got in the way.

1. It appears that the only way to have IE & FF actually display the MathML is to make sure it's <xml:output> is "xml"
AND html.ext must be set to ".xhtml". That was the only way that I could make the MathML show up in a browser. (Bob mentions this in his book)

2. HHC only knows HTML. [now I'm stuck]  It will allow me to use an XHTML file, but thinks its a foreign file and try to load it in a browser. I'm using the 4.74 version of the HTML Help compiler.

3. Looking at the HTMLHELP stylesheets, it looks like it calls the html style sheets.

Anybody have comments on this setup? I suspect that because of namespaces the MathML needs a well behaved XML - like XHTML.

Regards,
Dean Nelson