Subject: Re: [docbook] Changing the separator used in autolabel

[responding on the docbook-apps mailing list where such topics are discussed]

The punctuation used in titles and cross references is part of the generated text that can be different for each language.  You'll need to customize the generated text for chapter in two of the l:context elements.  See this doc for how to do such a customization:

The contexts needing change are "title" and "title-numbered".

Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 7:43 AM

Hi,

Is it possible to change the separator used in autolabels? For example, I would like to remove the dot after the chapter number and replace it, either with a colon or an em space. It is easy to change in the table of contents, using autotoc.label.separator but I would also like to have the same separator in my chapter titles and in the header of the fo version of my book.

Thanks in advance.

Diane Larin
INRO