Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Public entity rewriteURI.

Did you try this:

      <rewriteSystem
            systemIdStartString="file:/sandbox/"
            rewritePrefix="file:///D:/sandbox_prev/sandbox/" />

Note that this uses "file:/sandbox/" in the systemIdStartString. It seems to
be a feature(?) of Java that converts s system path like file:///sandbox/
into file:/sandbox before catalog lookup.  Note also that the error message
indicates this:

   Cannot read from file:/sandbox/manuals.ent

From: Michael Ziemba
To: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2008 5:44 AM
Subject: [docbook-apps] Public entity rewriteURI.

Hello!

   This question is in reference to how one would change the system value of
a public entity by using either rewriteURI or rewriteSystem elements.
Example below:

Catalog File:
<!DOCTYPE catalog
   PUBLIC "-//OASIS/DTD Entity Resolution XML Catalog V1.0//EN"
   "http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/entity/release/1.0/catalog.dtd";

<catalog xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:entity:xmlns:xml:catalog">
  <group prefer="public">

      <rewriteSystem
            systemIdStartString="file:///sandbox/"
            rewritePrefix="file:///D:/sandbox_prev/sandbox/" />

      <rewriteURI
            uriStartString="file:///sandbox/"
            rewritePrefix="file:///D:/sandbox_prev/sandbox/" />
  </group>
</catalog>

Entity line:
<!ENTITY % manuals_ent PUBLIC "-//ENTITIES docbook Entities//EN"
"file:///sandbox/manuals.ent">

Note: we have 100's of entities like this, which is why we would prefer a
rewriteURI/rewriteSystem as opposed to 100's of public tags for each
individual entity.

Verbosity 4 output:

java: Loading catalog: file:/D:/sandbox_prev/sandbox/catalog.xml
java: Resolved URI: flatten_only.xsl
java:   file:/D:/sandbox_prev/sandbox/flatten_only.xsl
java: Resolved URI: copy_all.xsl
java:   file:/D:/sandbox_prev/sandbox/XSL/utilities/copy_all.xsl
java: Error on line 6 column 1 of
file:/D:/sandbox_prev/sandbox/advanced/ans_adv.xml:
java:   Error reported by XML parser: Cannot read from
file:/sandbox/manuals.ent (\sandbox\manuals.ent (The system cannot find the
path specified))
java: Transformation failed: Run-time errors were reported

No matter what I try, I can't seem be able to edit our entity to be
file:/sandbox_prev/sandbox. What's confusing is that the output shows that
the URIs are resolved to the path that we want, but when it comes to
applying with "&manual.ent;" they don't have the new URI. It seems to not be
working on certain URIs, I'm thinking that it just says that they're
resolved when they're actually not. Maybe this is just for a Public entity?
I have no idea. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Michael Ziemba
Software Developer
Ansys Inc.