Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] I'm want to indent only 'section/para', not'section/para/programlisting'

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 05:34:00PM +0800, Dongsheng Song wrote:
> When I use custom xsl to indent 'section/para':
>
>   <xsl:attribute-set name="standard.para.spacing"
> use-attribute-sets="normal.para.spacing">
>     <xsl:attribute name="text-indent">24pt</xsl:attribute>
>   </xsl:attribute-set>
>
>   <xsl:template match="section/para">
>     <fo:block xsl:use-attribute-sets="standard.para.spacing">
>       <xsl:call-template name="anchor"/>
>       <xsl:apply-templates/>
>     </fo:block>
>   </xsl:template>
>
> But 'section/para/programlisting' indent too, how can I avoid it indent any
> subelements of 'section/para'?

Pretty printing is hard! I've tried a bunch of things over the years, but the if
you want to do it by hand you either have to be DTD/Schema aware so that you can
skip the textual content of elements who's xml:space is strictly interpreted by
clients as "preserve" or else use some kind of hard-coded list.

Another option is to use HTML Tidy, which also works with XML.

Check out the new-pre-tags option which will do what you want:

  http://tidy.sourceforge.net/docs/quickref.html#new-pre-tags

Hope this helps,