Subject: Xref to a paragraph

Hi all!

I've a problem with xref tag.
This is the part of my source document (document_1.xml) where I use the
reference to a paragraph.

<para>The meaning of the word <xref linkend="ID_PARA_dog"/> is explained
in the following paragraph.</para>

<para id="ID_PARA_dog" xreflabel="dog">
  Dog is a fuzzy and pretty pet that wags its tail when it sees its owner.
</para>

The result in my PDF document is:

The meaning of the word dog[9] is explained in the following paragraph.

Dog is a fuzzy and pretty pet that wags its tail when it sees its owner.

instead of

The meaning of the word dog is explained in the following paragraph.

Dog is a fuzzy and pretty pet that wags its tail when it sees its owner.

as I would expect.

Have got any suggestions to remove that useless number inside square
brackets?

I use docbook 4.3 and FOP.

Thanks,

Demis