Subject: [Fwd: Re: [docbook-apps] Docbook 5 and olink - again]

--- Begin Message ---
Faehndrich Philippe wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sorry, I still don't understand.
>
> 1) Should I have a single target.db file at the start of my project hierarchy
> (where my main document is, which includes other documents), or should I have
> one target.db file in each subdirectory of my project?
>
> 2) Can the targetdoc attribute of olink just be the xml id of the other
> document? or should it be the name of my xml file, with or without the
> relative path? or should it be the name of the generated html chunk? and the
> targetptr?
>
> Thanks for your answers ...and patience.
>
> Ph. Faehndrich

Hi,

I'm a DocBook newbie, also trying to link to docs that have been
XIncluded using Oxygen.

I tried the Olink stuff without much success, so after some tinkering I
used this command:

<link linkend="unzip">unzip</link>

In the target file that I want to link to I added an ID:

<section xml:id="unzip">

When I transform using the standard Docbook PDF it seems to do the right
thing. I have one PDF document, composed of all my XIncluded files. The
hot links redirect to a the correct section of the document. I did not
try HTML.

No need for olinkdb.xml, target.db etc. that I can see.  The only
weirdness is that I must put content in the <link> element, I can't get
it to find the "hot" text in the target document.

This is so easy that I figure I must be doing something wrong. If anyone
can set me straight I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Dave

--- End Message ---