Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] slides: how to balance presentation and content

Quoting Dave Pawson <davep@dpawson.co.uk>:
> If it is accepted that 'presentations' are appropriate, then
> perhaps moving slides to db5 and extending it to provide the markup
> you want wouldn't be inappropriate. Relax schemas are so nice to work
> with for extensions.
>
> What additional markup is needed? A lot, or just minor additions?

IMHO, only minor additions to standard docbook are needed:

- Some trivial containers like slides, foil and foilgroup with
  title, info, and divcomponentmix elements.

- An explicit element for speakernotes with divcomponentmix.

- An attribute for incremental display (lists, graphics),
  but I happily (mis-) use role for that.

Probably I forgot something.