Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] slides: how to balance presentation and content

Quoting Dave Pawson <davep@dpawson.co.uk>:
> W. Martin Borgert wrote:
> > - Some trivial containers like slides, foil and foilgroup with
> >   title, info, and divcomponentmix elements.
>
> How about looking at the current block levels in db5 and selecting
> some 'equivalent' levels? Then propose some names (the ones above
> sound good to me)

I took the names from the good ol' DocBook slides DTD :~)

> > - An explicit element for speakernotes with divcomponentmix.
>
> Is that just another subdivision? E.g.
> Or do you want speakernotes at a higher level too?

I'm really not sure about this. In fact, I never used the
speakernotes in DocBook slides.

> > - An attribute for incremental display (lists, graphics),
> >   but I happily (mis-) use role for that.
>
> Good time to 'do the right thing'?
> How about a usable definition of 'incremental display'
>
> Just what to you expect of the html?

Currently I'm transforming DocBook-Slides to S5, which is a
JavaScript-Library for HTML-Slides. It does incremental
display of lists, e.g. everytime the presenter hits "space"
one list item more appears. (Sidenote: I'm not too happy with
S5, as I occasionally hit performance problems. Maybe one
should rewrite S5 in sth. small and fast, such as JQuery.)

Cheers!