Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Removing the trailing period in chapter/section labels

The last period comes from the generated text templates in common/en.xml:

<l:template name="section" text="%n. %t"/>

(non-breaking space replaced by ordinary space for clarity here).

So you'll need to add a 'local.l10n.xml' parameter to your customization
layer and include a customized gentext for this bit.  I'll add this info to
the "Label punctuation" section of my book in the next edition.

From: "Jeff Hooker" <Jeff_Hooker@pmc-sierra.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 12:04 PM
Subject: [docbook-apps] Removing the trailing period in chapter/section
labels

Hi folks,

This one is embarrassing, but I've pored over the scripts for hours and I
still can't figure out how to dump the trailing period used in label
numbers. Basically, the Docbook scripts give me "1.2.3.4. Title" and I need
"1.2.3.4 Title".

I know. This should be simple, and likely is. I just can't find it in the
scripts or in the docs. I've found intralabel.punctuation template, but I
need the template that inserts the punctuation for the *current* node, not
the parents of the current node.

Cheers,
Jeff.