Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] slides: how to balance presentation and content

Justus-bulk@Piater.name [mailto:Justus-bulk@Piater.name] wrote:

> Is it? To me, "block" seems overly general. "Layout" is very explicit
> in that it says "I'm here for layout (and styling, etc.), not for
> semantic structure like all of my peers". Or <style>, as this term is
> used for all of this in CSS.  But I don't have a very strong opinion
> here.

Separating this from the issue of slides, I've often wanted to have a
generic block element (like <div>), so that I could attach meta-data to
an arbitrary collection of elements. Sometimes for layout purposes,
sometimes not. I think there is semantic value in having a very generic
container that basically says, "These things all go together."

*************************
Rob Cavicchio
Principal Technical Writer
EMC Captiva
EMC Corporation
10145 Pacific Heights Boulevard, 6th Floor
San Diego, CA 92121-4234

P: (858) 320-1208
F: (858) 320-1010
E: Cavicchio_Rob@emc.com

The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions. Content published
here is not read or approved in advance by EMC and does not necessarily
reflect the views and opinions of EMC.