Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] slides: how to balance presentation and content

Stefan Seefeld <seefeld@sympatico.ca> wrote on Thu, 22 Jan 2009
10:48:05 -0500:

> Justus-bulk@Piater.name wrote:
>
>> I don't need to switch slide masters half-way through a
>> presentation; do you?
>
> Yes.

Oh. Really? Like, change the title font, slide background color, slide
number position?

In that case, why not add a "master" attribute to <foil> after all,
which could trigger a different page-master for FO output.

Referring to the issues cited below, after thinking about it, I think
*contain* layout or style definitions, which is of course not the
case. One might use a "layout" or "style" attribute instead of "name"
to make its function explicit.

Do interested folks agree that we're headed towards something useful?
One day I may actually contribute to an implementation of such a
concept, as having it at hand would make my life easier.