Subject: Entities and namespaces (was: RE: [docbook-apps] Is it possible to include markup in a general entity?)

The treatment of entities and namespaces that you noticed seems to be a
quirk specific to xsltproc (i.e., libxml2/libxslt). I could not reproduce
the problem with Saxon or Xalan.

There is some more information in these posts:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xslt/2002-January/msg00022.html
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xslt/2006-September/msg00008.html

Mauritz