Subject: Using draft images with fop, and catalogs.

I am using Saxon and FOP to generate PDF files from DocBook.  And I'm using a draft image.
My customized stylesheet for DocBook->FO includes a value for the parameter draft.watermark.image.  It is currently the full local path to the draft.png file that I am using (ie somethiing like C:/DocBook/docbook-xsl-1.74.0/images/draft.png)
I would like to change it to be a url (or is it a uri), probably using the catalog resolving mechanism that is available in Saxon using the -x, -y, -r, -u qualifiers.

I notice that at the moment the filename value appears in the FO file in the form "url(images/drft.png)" when I set draft.watermark.image to "images/draft.png" in my custom xsl file.  Thus I presume that the stylesheet is just copying over the parameter value and putting it in "url()".

Can someone advise how to go about doing this.  Do I need to tell the XSL stylesheet to change the format of what it inserts in the FO ?  Or do I need to tell FOP that it's a URL/URI and to use the resolver ?

Uncertainly,
Richard.

Richard Kerry
Colledia Control Engineer
Siemens IT Solutions and Services Ltd

Room 457 Drama Building, BBC Television Centre, Wood Lane, London, W12 7RJ
T: +44 (0)20 82259063 F: +44 (0)20 8576 8182 M: +44 (0)7921 244993
Email: richard.kerry@siemens.com
Website:  www.siemens.co.uk/it-solutions

This e-mail contains confidential information and is for the exclusive use of the addressee/s.  If you are not the addressee, then any distribution, copying or use of this e-mail is prohibited. If received in error, please advise the sender and delete it immediately.  We accept no liability for any loss or damage suffered by any person arising from use of this e-mail.

Siemens IT Solutions and Services Limited
Registered No: 1203466 England
Registered Office:
Faraday House, Sir William Siemens Square, Frimley, Camberley, GU16 8QD