Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Docbook workshop syllabi?

I don't have a workshop or webinar on DocBook, because I always tailor training to an audience's needs. However, on several occasions I've introduced DocBook to potential implementors using a PowerPoint presentation titled "Single Source Publishing with DocBook XSL".  You can browse the slides from the link on my website's home page http://www.sagehill.net.  I could make available the PPT file if requested.  Of course, a PPT file is not a complete presentation because the slides simply prompt the speaker (me) who fills in the details and answers questions.

Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 6:26 AM
Subject: [docbook-apps] Docbook workshop syllabi?

Has anyone developed a half-day workshop or one-or-two-hour webinar on Docbook?

I work with a software project that is considering a proposal to adopt Docbook for its documentation needs. It has been suggested that a workshop might help build buy-in and bring more people into the native-XML-production fold (versus producing documentation on the wiki or in Word, the two formats now used for our project). Some of the topics considered for this workshop/webinar include demonstrating the use of core elements in a model chapter, using communications devices such as tips and callouts, and possibly even advanced topics such as interacting with subversion, automating the transformation to multiple formats, etc.

The goals would be that participants would walk away from the workshop more familiar and comfortable with Docbook, and with a nice sample template in hand for those interested in making contributions.

If you've developed such a workshop I'd love to hear from you.