Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Scaling images to fill available space

Hi Antii,

If you have a look at the stylesheets, where the images are scaled,
you will see that only width is considered. As far as I know there is
no solution out of the box. You can try to extend your stylesheet with
logic to calculate the resize precentage of both scaling possibilities
(in height and width) and finally base the decision on the result.

The problem is that you have to know the exact available height and
width of the body. I tried this solution long time ago and it worked
really good as long as the image wasn't embedded in some other
elements, because the available width and height will change. If your
images occure always in full body page width and height it should be
straight forward.

Cheers, Tobias