Subject: Chunked HTML in UTF-8 (meta content-type tag)

Greetings All,

My preemptive apologies if this question has already been worked out to
everyone's satisfaction.

I'm having trouble getting chunked HTML output consistently recognized
as UTF-8. I'm generating multiple XHTML using xhtml/profile-chunk.xsl as
a basis. I end up with HTML pages with:

	<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

at the beginning, but with no:

or similar in the HTML header.

Depending on whether I use boa, apache1, apache2 as a web server, and
Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Opera to view the same pages, I see them
as UTF-8 or ISO-8859-1. I haven't built the, let's call it,
"compatibility matrix" because frankly I'm hoping that there is an easy
solution.

Speaking of which, I've tried using "chunker.output.encoding" in the
stylesheet to no avail. The following:

<xsl:param name="chunker.output.encoding">utf-8</xsl:param>

no longer seems to generate the above "meta" HTML tag.

Does anyone have any experience generating UTF-8 XHTML that can be
consistently rendered in both Firefox and IE?

Regards,
Michael L.
--
RuggedCom Inc.