Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] What XML parser for xpointer?

Xerces also has some support for XPointer, for details you can see
http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/faq-xinclude.html#faq-8

Referencing by IDs works in Xerces if you have a DTD or an XML Schema
associated with the file.
In oXygen we patched Xerces to add also support for handling xml:id as
ID even without a DTD or XML Schema - that covers using DocBook 5 with
the Relax NG schema as in that case there is no DTD or XML Schema to
annotate the xml:id as an ID type.
That patch is recorded here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XERCESJ-1113

Best Regards,