Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Docbook 5.0 and stylesheets

Thanks, this is helpful. I also went to the OASIS list archives and tried to get a feel for 5.0 activity. I'm not overly concerned about the officialness of 5.0, since it's certainly a de facto standard (and I've watched other standards projects and know this process is hard). I'm a little concerned that overall the movement toward de jure status of 5.0 is very slow, with a minimum of people involved in the heavy lifting (not that this isn't usually the case in most projects) -- more in the sense of what it might or might not say about Docbook's health as a living standard, de facto or otherwise. But it certainly seems true that most of the tools appear to support it, and it has a widely popular base.

Karen G. Schneider, Equinox Software