Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] MHRA and Docbook XSL

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 2:22 PM, DavePawson <davep@dpawson.co.uk> wrote:
> Chris Yocum wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>     I just wanted to let everyone know that I have written up a first
>> crack at MHRA styling in footnotes for Docbook.
>
> What's MHRA please, for others as ignorant as myself?

Ah, Sorry.  MHRA stands for the Modern Humanities Research Association
(http://www.mhra.org.uk/).

>>     There are a few limitations at the moment.  Everything is linked
>> to the book tag at the top of the document and thus can only support
>> books at the moment.  This is because I couldn't use the ancestor axis
>> to match the linkend attribute of the biblioref tag to something in
>> the bibliography as the bibliography is not an ancestor (it is an
>> ancestral sibling).  I am casting about for ways to allow articles to
>> join the fun.
>
> Are you using <link linkend=''> ?
> http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/link.html

No, I am using biblioref which as a linkend attribute.  I link the
linkend attribute with the xml:id of the biblioentry in the
bibliography.

> In which case you should be able to use the id function?
> (  id(@linkend) to get to the target)

I tried that and it didn't seem to work so I ended up using
@id=@linkend, which did seem to work.

>>     Anyway, if anyone has any thoughts or feedback, I would be very
>> grateful to hear them.  Also, I can provide an example bibliography on
>> request.  Thank you very much for your time.
>

> Since I'm in no position to say it's 'correct' or not,
> I'll leave that to others!

That's ok.  Thank you for your questions and interest!

All the best,
Chris