Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Moving towards docbook

On 15 Mar 2009, at 17:10, Markus Hoenicka wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Quoting Bram Vogelaar <mylists@teambla.com>:
>
>> 6) As biologist we are attached to the hip with endnote (or reference
>> manager), could someone explain how they incorporated and or replaced
>> their endnote reference libraries to work with  their docbook
>> workflow.
>> especially  the conversion from endnote to docbook,
>> cite-while-you-write , and the auto numbering and formating that is
>> done by endnote
>>

> As a fellow biologist I've been working on this problem for a couple
> of years. The result is RefDB (http://refdb.sourceforge.net), a
> reference manager and bibliography tool for markup languages. You
> can export your Endnote or RefMan databases to RIS and import that
> straight into RefDB. Cite-while-you-write is implemented in two
> editor extensions (Emacs and Vim), including reverse lookup and
> author/title/keyword searches from marked sections. You can create
> formatted citations and bibliographies from your DocBook sources and
> the reference database according to the target style. RefDB supports
> all flavours of DocBook (SGML, XML versions 4 and 5 including
> namespaces). Document transformation can be included into
> (semi-)automatic toolchains by means of Makefiles and shell scripts.
> RefDB ships one such solution which allows you to run e.g. "make
> pdf" to obtain a PDF version of your document, but it should be
> simple enough to integrate parts or all of this into your own custom
> toolchain.
Hello Markus

Many thanks for making me aware of Refdb, ill definitely look into
that one. As for your suggestion of the Emacs and VIM cite-while-you-
write, this is prob one step to far for current users. they still only
use the author (Wysiwyg) mode of oxygen xml. I might look into cooking
up a plugin for oxygen to implement the cite-while-you-write

bram