Subject: how to do modular glossaries with 5.0 ?

Hi, I'm building multiple glossaries from a modular master glossary
and find the validation errors triggered by the otherterm constraint
on glosssee and glossseealso distracting.
The modularization is done as follows: 1 file for each letter a-z
containing individual glossentries on that letter + 1 master book file
for each glossary,  xincluding by xml:id from those files.

What I would like most of all is to use the same setup as for master
bibliography, referencing a single bib. file using bibliomixed, but I
don't get this to work since the glossentries are split on 26 files.
My immediate challenge is however validation of the individual files,
since the otherterm constraint on glosssee and glossseealso uses id
and not xml:id and only see elements within the same document (file).
I can live with this, but our non-technical wysiwyg users cannot.
I'm considering the following options - any pro/con, implementation
suggestions, and alternative solutions are welcome.

1) redefine glosssee and glossseealso to behave like olinks by
replacing otherterm attribute with targetdoc and targetptr and writing
some templates to handle it (which we are already using)
2) suppress the otherterm validation errors by customization (removing
schematron rules) - guess I'd have to QA the see links manually then
3) link by using xlink:href rather than otherterm and write a custom
template to add and format the generated text (See / See also)

Best regards, Bergfrid Skaara