Subject: RE: xpath into docbook namespace

Franklin Einspruch [mailto:franklin.einspruch@gmail.com] wrote:

> Hi - Docbook newb here. What is the XPath selector for <title> in the
> following trivial Docbook article? The regular article/title isn't
> working because of the namespace declaration, although I don't know
> why.
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> <article xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook"; version="5.0">
> <title>I Am The Title</title>
> </article>

Don't know if this is your issue, but one thing that's sometimes a
little confusing in XSL is that the root of the document is not the root
element, but one level above it. So from an arbitrary point in your
transform, you would access the title with the path "/article/title"
rather than "article/title".

*************************
Rob Cavicchio
Principal Technical Writer
EMC Captiva
EMC Corporation
10145 Pacific Heights Boulevard, 6th Floor
San Diego, CA 92121-4234

P: (858) 320-1208
F: (858) 320-1010
E: Cavicchio_Rob@emc.com

The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions. Content published
here is not read or approved in advance by EMC and does not necessarily
reflect the views and opinions of EMC.