Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Modular DocBook still not working

Hi Thomas,

You are correct that I should be validating all the files before
applying a style sheet. SectionA and SectionB do validate now with
XMLmind. Chapter.xml does not contain any fatal error; however, there
is an Info pop-up obtained on validation. I have attached the pop-up
and the two revised sections. Chapter.xml has not changed (still 2001
date for XInclude).

After the transform, I'm still getting the initial errors, that is:

-----

Element include in namespace 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude'
encountered in chapter, but no template matches.

Element include in namespace 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude'
encountered in chapter, but no template matches.

Writing index.html for chapter

-----

What next???

Betty

On Fri, 03 Apr 2009 16:45:17 +0200
 Thomas Schraitle <tom_schr@web.de> wrote:
> Hi Betty,
>
> > Thanks to Remko, Camille, and Thomas for your suggestions. I have
> since
> > modified SectionA and SectionB accordinly; Chapter is still the
> same as
> > before.
> >
> > I am still getting the following errors:
> > [...]
> > What else am I still missing? Suggestions are welcome.
>
> Your XML files are still invalid. I've attached a diff between old
> and new
> version. Hope that helps you. If you have question, don't hesitate.
> :-)
>
> Before you can apply any stylesheet, make sure your whole document is
> valid.
>

> Tom

Info pop.doc

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<section version="5.0" xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook";
  xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2003/XInclude";
  xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";>

		<title>Adding a Reserve</title>

				  <para>To add a reserve, do the following:</para>
<para>
???Where does the professor enter the semester, for example, Fall 2009??? How about the course name and course number??? Is it on the MyCourse screen???
</para>
				  <orderedlist>
					<listitem>

					</listitem>

					<listitem>

						<example>
							<title>Example of some key words</title>

								<para>Moby Dick</para>
						</example>

					</listitem>

					<listitem>
					  <para>Matches are presented in groups of ten. Choose the best match from all the possible matches.</para>
					</listitem>

					</orderedlist>
<para>
???Is the book "on reserve" at this point?
</para>
	<section>
			<title>Behind the scenes of Adding a Reserve:</title>

				<orderedlist>
					<listitem>
					  <para>Syrup stores the relevant portions of the MARC record in the Syrup item.</para>
					</listitem>

					<listitem>
					  <para>Syrup gathers all the physical-item requests for the term.</para>
					</listitem>

					<listitem>
					  <para>Syrup sends the requests, a list of MARC extracts, to Circulation.</para>
<para>
???Are MARC extracts the same as the Syrup item, relevant portions of the MARC record??? If so, we should standarize on one term.
</para>
					</listitem>

					<listitem>
					  <para>Circulation reads the requests and routes the corresponding items to Reserves.</para>
					</listitem>

					<listitem>
					  <para>Circulation possibly activates short-term loan fees before sending items to Reserves.</para>
					</listitem>

				</orderedlist>
<para>
???Are short-term loan fees actually fines???
</para>
	</section>

</section>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<section version="5.0" xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook";
  xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2003/XInclude";
  xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";>

  <title>Subsequent Tasks after a Reserve Request:</title>

  <orderedlist>
    <listitem>
      <para>Syrup stores the relevant portions of the MARC record in the Syrup
      item.</para>
    </listitem>

    <listitem>
      <para>Syrup gathers all the physical-item requests for the term.</para>
    </listitem>

    <listitem>
      <para>Syrup sends the requests, a list of MARC extracts, to
      Circulation.</para>

<para>
???Are MARC extracts the same as the Syrup item, relevant portions of the MARC record??? If so, we should standarize on one term.
</para>
<para>
???Are the Syrup items configurable???