Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Modular DocBook still not working

Here is container file - I would just change the 4.5 to 5 and try my header
info -  I think it is just some header info that is mixing it up for you -
good luck for McMasters, good school.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.5//EN"
"..\docbook\docbookx.dtd">
<book>
  <!--This is the container document for the individual service release
notes-->

  <chapter>
    <title>Framework Release Notes</title>

    <para></para>
  </chapter>

  <xi:include href="compatable.xml"
xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"; />

  <xi:include href="Core_framework_release_notes.xml"
              xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"; />.

  <xi:include href="MID_framework_release_notes.xml"
              xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"; />.
  <xi:include href="security_notes.xml"
              xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"; />.

              <xi:include href="Web_Framework_Release_notes.xml"
              xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"; />

  <xi:include href="CICS_Framework_Release_Notes.xml"
              xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"; />

  <xi:include href="Content_Management_Framework_Release_Notes.xml"
              xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"; />
  <xi:include href="SCS_release_notes.xml"
              xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"; />

  <xi:include href="Erie_Release_notes.xml"
              xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"; />

              <xi:include href="reports_release_notes.xml"
              xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"; />
  <xi:include href="EOBPDF_Release_Notes.xml"
              xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"; />
  <xi:include href="messaging_framework_release_notes.xml">
              xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"; />

  <xi:include href="Web_Service_Framework_Release_notes.xml"
              xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"; />
</book>

------------------
here is the module - only one included as example - it really shouldn't
matter
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<article lang="en-US">
  <title>EOBPDF Release Notes</title>>

  <section id="security_notes">
    <title>2008.1 EOBPDF Release Notes</title>

    <para>No changes</para>
  </section>

  <section id="security_notes">
    <title>2007.4 EOBPDF Release Notes</title>

    <para>No changes</para>
  </section>

  <section id="security_notes">
    <title>2007.3 EOBPDF Release Notes</title>

    <para>CQ60676: Upgrade our API with new version of Mobius API
4.2.</para>
  </section>

  <section>>
    <title id="relnotes2">2007.2 EOBPDF Release Notes</title>

    <para>No change</para>
  </section>

  <section>>
    <title>2007.1 EOBPDF Release Notes</title>

    <para>Removed the IService of this project and instead used the
IService>
    of core framework to avoid reference of old eas node</para>
  </section>

  <section>>
    <title>2006.4 EOBPDF Release Notes</title>

    <para>No changes</para>
  </section>

  <section>>
    <title>2006.3 EOBPDF Release Notes</title>

    <para>No changes</para>
  </section>

  <section>>
    <title>2006.2 EOBPDF Release Notes</title>

    <para>No changes</para>
  </section>

  <section>>
    <title>2006. 1 EOBPDF Release Notes</title>

    <para>No changes</para>
  </section>
</article>

             "Betty Ing"
             <ingbe@mcmaster.c
             a>                                                         To
                                       Tom_Towle@bcbsil.com
             04/03/2009 11:00                                           cc
             AM                        docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org,
                                       "Betty Ing" <ingbe@mcmaster.ca>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [docbook-apps] Modular DocBook
                                       still not working

Hello Tom,

Thanks for your code. I have seen similar examples to yours, however I
wanted to work with DocBook 5.0  The reference to V4.5 indicates that
you are using not using V5.0  However, there are still references to
namespaces, which I don't quite understand since namespaces started
with V5.0, if I understand correctly.

How would I modify your code for V5.0? Also, could you please provide
the sample code for command1.xml?

Thank you in advance.

Betty

On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 09:49:52 -0500
 Tom_Towle@bcbsil.com wrote:
> Here is an example that works for me
> <!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.5//EN"
> "..\docbook\docbookx.dtd">
> <book id="book">
>   <title>Command Reference</title>
>   <reference>
>     <title>Commands</title>
>     <xi:include href="command1.xml"
>      xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"; />
>     <xi:include href="command2.xml"
>      xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"; />
>       </reference>
>   </book>
>

>              Tom_Towle@bcbsil.
>
>              com

>              04/03/2009 09:42          "Betty Ing"
> <ingbe@mcmaster.ca>
>              AM
>                                                         cc

                                       docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org

                                                                   Subject

>                                        Re: [docbook-apps] Modular
> DocBook
>                                        still not working

> I have had weird errors that were resolved by changing the date in
> the
> namespace
>
> Element include in namespace 'http://www.w3.org/2003/XInclude'
> why this works or how I dunno but it happens when I move from one
> laptop to
> a desktop machine  - all in eclipse environment with a mirrored bill.
>

>              "Betty Ing"
>              <ingbe@mcmaster.c
>              a>

                                       docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org