Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] TextFactory import failing under Saxon 9.1

Hmm. I don't understand what you mean by "using XSLT2" and the error
handling/validation stuff. What is it that you validate?

The DocBook stylesheets are written in XSLT 1.0, and I am not aware of any
real benefit of using an XSLT 2.0 processor on those stylesheets. But I
could be missing something, of course.

|  We've had to comment out the use of TextFactory from our
|  Docbook XSL source.
|
|  How will this be handled when Docbook releases an XSLT2 version?

I don't know for sure, but some extensions will probably not be needed since
they can be implemented in pure XSLT 2.0.

BTW, there is a set of experimental XSLT 2.0 stylesheets. If you're curious,
download docbook-xsl2-snapshot.zip from
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/snapshots/.

Mauritz