Subject: ePub metadata: dc:language

I'm using the 2009-04-10 snapshot of the DocBook XSL stylesheets to take
advantage of the significant improvements I've seen in the repository
with respect to ePub metadata.

So far (almost) everything works great:
- attribute "file-as" of "dc:creator" works like expected
- "dc:publisher" and "dc:identifier" works too
- "dc:description" works if I omit the optional <title>.
   Otherwise the title content gets part of dc:description,
   which might not be satisfactory in any case. I don't have
   a final suggestion for this, but maybe there should be at
   least a kind of separator (e.g. ':') after the <title>.

Inexplicably I can't get to work setting the language of the document
using the standard "lang" attribute of the <article>:

<article lang="es">

ePub/docbook.xsl simply calls the "l10n.language" template from
"common/l10n.xsl" but this does not lead to the expected result
(I still see:<dc:language ...>en</dc:language>).

Is setting the "lang" attribute not the correct way to specify the used
language of the document?

Michael
PS: Converting the same document to HTML works like expected, I see