Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] ePub metadata: dc:language

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 11:16 AM, Michael Wiedmann
<mw@miwie.in-berlin.de> wrote:
> I'm using the 2009-04-10 snapshot of the DocBook XSL stylesheets to take
> advantage of the significant improvements I've seen in the repository with
> respect to ePub metadata.
>
> So far (almost) everything works great:
> - attribute "file-as" of "dc:creator" works like expected
> - "dc:publisher" and "dc:identifier" works too
> - "dc:description" works if I omit the optional <title>.
>  Otherwise the title content gets part of dc:description,
>  which might not be satisfactory in any case. I don't have
>  a final suggestion for this, but maybe there should be at
>  least a kind of separator (e.g. ':') after the <title>.

OK, I've added your ':'. As you know, figuring out a generic mapping
of a potentially rich tag like abstract into the flatness of plain
text can be difficult.

> Inexplicably I can't get to work setting the language of the document using
> the standard "lang" attribute of the <article>:

Thanks for the bug report. This has been fixed in SVN revision 8407 &
a regression has been added with your test file. Please let me know if
that does not resolve your issue.

Keith