Subject: Adding user comments to HTML output

Hi all,

I'm looking to add support for allowing user comments within DocBook generated
HTML output.  It's not such an original idea (people like PostGreSQL and PHP
have had this feature for a while) but I recently came across it again with
the Hg book:

	http://hgbook.red-bean.com/read/

With the hgbook above, it looks like they're doing this using JavaScript to
add the comments rather than adjusting the HTML XSLT customisation layer to
emit the right HTML.  My preference would be to add this at the XSLT
customisation layer.

My college suggested using http://www.intensedebate.com Although these people
look good, I would like to use some open-source software rather than relying
on an external supplier.

So, two questions:

 a.  anyone had any experience with adding support for
      in-document user-generated command with DocBook?

 b.  has anyone had any experience with specific commenting
      systems/scripts, such as www.intensedebate.com ?

Cheers,

Paul.