Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Docbooks/documentation workshop

On Tuesday 21 April 2009 1:30:29 pm Karen Schneider wrote:
> Back in early February I asked for examples for a Docbook workshop.
> I'm actually still planning a workshop for a conference next month.

Thanks to Karen's initiative in planning a DocBook workshop I thought I'd
throw my own experiences together and offer an online session during Ubuntu's
IRC-based OpenWeek. I posted the details to the DocBook mailing list (or see
below), but I did want to thank Karen here for having the initiative to talk
about her workshop on this list. It was the motivation I needed to work on my
own presentation too!

regards,
emma

Hello,

Next week Ubuntu is having its semi-annual "Open Week." On Tuesday April 28th
the Ubuntu Documentation Team will have FIVE HOURS of FREE workshops in IRC.
This includes an hour-long session on using DocBook. During this workshop you
will learn how the Ubuntu Documentation Team takes advantage of DocBook for
its system documentation.

The schedule for OpenWeek is available from:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOpenWeek

Instructions on using IRC are available at:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOpenWeek/JoiningIn

More about Ubuntu:
In just four years, Ubuntu has become one the most popular Linux distributions
in the world with millions of users and a thriving community. Ever wondered
what all the fuss is about? How have we achieved such a great feat in such a
short space of time? Here's where you can find out. Ubuntu Open Week is a week
of IRC tuition and Q+A sessions all about getting involved in the rock-and-
roll world that is the Ubuntu community. We organise this week for the
beginning of a new release cycle to help new contributors get involved.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the workshop, and I hope to
"see" you next Tuesday!

regards,
emma