Subject: RE: Very basic svn and DocBook question

Karen Schneider [mailto:kgschneider@gmail.com] wrote:

> In terms of workflow, assuming there is one person reviewing the XML
> and processing it into HTML, I'm wondering: what gets checked in? The
> HTML... or the XML, and the HTML?

I'd say you definitely want to check in the XML. That is your source
file.

Whether or not you maintain a history of the HTML that you published
from it depends on your requirements, tastes, paranoia level, etc.
Normally I would archive a copy of any output that was actually shipped
to a customer, but not all the output used in intermediate development
builds.

> Also, in terms of documenting the transformation process, is there a
> convention for noting in the code what XSL processor was used (and
> what switches, if any)?

None that I'm aware of.

*************************
Rob Cavicchio
Principal Technical Writer
EMC Captiva
EMC Corporation
10145 Pacific Heights Boulevard, 6th Floor
San Diego, CA 92121-4234

P: (858) 320-1208
F: (858) 320-1010
E: Cavicchio_Rob@emc.com

The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions. Content published
here is not read or approved in advance by EMC and does not necessarily
reflect the views and opinions of EMC.