Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Very basic svn and DocBook question

On Wednesday 29 April 2009 11:03:08 am Karen Schneider wrote:
> In terms of workflow, assuming there is one person reviewing the XML
> and processing it into HTML, I'm wondering: what gets checked in? The
> HTML... or the XML, and the HTML?

The following should be included: XML and associated XSLT (if you are editing
those files as well, although you may want to have them in a separate
repository as the version number for the XSLT styles is not necessarily
related to the content of the XML).

You should also include the "make" files that are used to build the output.
This may also include information about your tool chain (for example: the
version of FOP that you're using).

HTML can be excluded from SVN as it will be possible to rebuild it using your
versioned "source" files.

I hope that helps!

regards,
emma