Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Using DocBook Stylesheets and Java Heap Problems

Hi,
The solution to the first-page problem is to define a new
page-sequence-master that has only 'odd' and 'even' pages, assign it a new
name, and use that name in the param named 'master-reference' when you call
the 'page.sequence' template:

<xsl:call-template name="page.sequence">
  <xsl:with-param name="master-reference">sectionbody</xsl:with-param>
  etc.

The 'page.sequence' template accepts other params too ('content' was used
initially), and you can see those params in the template as it is defined in
fo/component.xsl.

Information about creating new page masters is described here:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/PageDesign.html

I'm not sure what's going on with the second problem, as I did not see that
issue.  Is your customization setting indents for body text?  Can you
describe that problem in more detail?