Subject: Unicode Not displaying in PDF

Hello List,

I found an old thread here on Unicode Entities in docbook:

http://sourceware.org/ml/docbook-apps/2005-q1/msg00286.html

The answer was:

"After you register font in FO processor modify following XSL
stylesheet parameter to include the font into list of fallback fonts
used for missing characters in primary font:

<xsl:param name="symbol.font.family"
select="'Symbol,ZapfDingbats,LucidaUnicode'"/>"

I am on OS X, and have added

<xsl:param name="symbol.font.family"
select="'Symbol,ZapfDingbats,LucidaUnicode,Apple Symbols'"/>

to my driver, but that does not help.

Forgive my newbyisch question, but how do I register the font?

Thanks

Alex