Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] extending db5, html vs fo customization

Bob Stayton wrote:
>> Is there a separate set of stylesheets for v5 I should be
>> using for fo and html? I thought the ns stripped version
>> (i.e. main xslt stylesheets) were the preferred option today?
>
> Actually, no, the preferred option today for DocBook 5 is to import the
> namespace-aware stylesheets with '-ns-' in the distribution filename.
> Those are the same as the main xslt stylesheets, except all element
> names are handled in the DocBook 5 namespace, and the
> no-longer-necessary namespace stripping operation is not performed.
> Then you can use match="d:poem" in your stylesheet customization layers.
>
> Bob Stayton
> Sagehill Enterprises
> bobs@sagehill.net

So I should be picking up
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/snapshots/docbook-xsl-ns-snapshot.zip
which has the xref bugfix... Which may leave me with a problem.

Is the website 'as was' or is that namespaced too please Bob?
I guess I should now start splitting up my xsl stylesheets;

docbook-xsl (basic 4.5 + website)
docbook-xsl-ns (for v5)

I really need to document all this! Processing docbook all over my
disk I'm always getting caught out! If it's not the stylesheet
names it's the graphics location!

Thanks Bob.

regards

--