Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] DocBook for Evergreen

You had me at "With ever additional format, another kitten dies."

David

From: Karen Schneider [mailto:kgschneider@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2009 9:55 AM
To: docbook-apps
Subject: [docbook-apps] DocBook for Evergreen

Just a quick note of thanks to the DocBook community for all the assistance over the past six months. At our first-ever user conference about 20 of us had a three-hour documentation session that concluded with establishing the Evergreen DIGgers (documentation implementation group) and in order, committing to single-source, standards-based documentation, and then to DocBook. (Being librarians, the order of precedence was important...) We also committed to meeting every two weeks for, well, forever and we have a more elaborate series of plans for establishing style guide (for markup, of course :> ), toolkits, heavily-annotated templates, etc. The group understood that this wasn't a trivial commitment but also understood that DocBook is, in a way, inevitable and a right fit. The groundwork had been laid in advance, but this meeting was the clincher.

This is our five-minute lightning talk we did today -- for those who are interested, I will also provide a link to the (much, much longer) slideset from Wednesday.

http://www.slideshare.net/evergreenils/evergreen-documentation-lightning-talk

I am indebted to the docbook-apps community for my ability to oh-so-casually perform a live XSL transform  (with a little shout-out to the oXygen folks too).

Thanks again,