Subject: Multi-column Spanning Pages

Hello, Everyone.

We are working on a training booklet for a customer that has a pre-
defined format for training courses.  One of the format requirements
is that the learning objectives be split into knowledge and skills
tasks.  The knowledge tasks listed on the left side of a landscape
page, and the skills tasks listed on the right side of the same
landscape page.

I'd like to use the following code to list each task set:

	<orderedlist>
	</orderedlist>
</section>
	<orderedlist>
	</orderedlist>
</section>

I can see how multi-column pages are done, but that would cause the
first section (knowledge) to snake through both sides, then the second
section (skills) to do the same.  What I need, however, is for these
two sections to run parallel paths down each column, and cross over
pages the same way.  I've attached a PDF diagram to describe this
visually.  I plan to do a lot more reading about XSL-FO to see if I
can figure this out (I need to do that anyway), but, before I tackle
that, does anyone have any tips for accomplishing this layout?

Thanks,
Dave

columns.pdf