Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] PNG Images rendering on XML->FO->PDF

Recently I've been surprised by different size of legacy GIF files and PNG
equivalents of the same files in PDF file generated using XEP. It was clear
it is caused by resolution, which is stored in PNG but not in GIF. In
http://www.renderx.com/reference.html#Bitmap I've found GIF resolution is
considered as 120 dpi by default while resolution of my PNG files was lower,
depending on monitor resolution of computer on which they were taken (it was
in range 80-115 dpi).

To keep the same resolution of screenshots in the whole document there were
two ways. The first one to take all screenshots again on the same computer
(to ensure the same resolution) or save them as GIF insterad of PNG (discard
resolution information so it will be considered as 120 dpi as default).

I've used third solution. Using library ImageMagick I've inserted one step
just before FO transformation, where resolution of all PNG images is set to
120 dpi, so it is equal to final GIF 'resolution'.

Jan