Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] xml catalogs

Hi Dave,

Monday 10 August 2009

> is it possible to use Oasis catalogs to rewrite a simple (wrong)
> DTD decl entry?

Yes, it is.

> Currently reads SYSTEM "A.dtd"
>
> Can a catalog resolve that to some other path? /files/dtds/erlref.dtd

Sure. :)

> Not sure if
> http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/entity/spec-2001-08-06.html#element-re
>writeURI will work.
>
>    <rewriteURI
>        uriStartString="erlref"
>        rewritePrefix="/dtds/erlref"/>

I think, system should be more useful:

  <system systemId="A.dtd" uri="/files/dtd/erlref.dtd"/>

> I want to resolve erlref.dtd to dts/erlref.dtd

Same as the previous example:

  <system systemId="erlref.dtd" uri="dts/erlref.dtd"/>

If you are unsure, use xmlcatalog from the libxml2 library as debugging tool:

$ xmlcatalog /tmp/cat.xml A.dtd
/files/dtds/erlref.dtd

> [...]

Tom