Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Page shrinking or scaling

Hi,

font size is static by default. But you could actually make the value
dynamic by assigning its value depending on the paper.type parameter for
example.

<xsl:param name="body.font.master">
  <xsl:choose>
    <xsl:when test="$paper.type="A5">10pt</xsl:when>
    <xsl:when test="$paper.type="A3">14pt</xsl:when>
    <xsl:otherwise>12pt</xsl:otherwise>
  </xsl:choose>
</xsl:param>

(untested)

Concerning images, you can either:
- make the size relative (e.g. width="80%")
- recalculate the size at transformation time by extracting it in the
image handling template and making it a fraction of the static size
depending on the paper size change... (might be more difficult).

Good luck,

Camille.

DeanNelson@aol.com wrote:
> Hi y'all,
>
> Is there a way to shrink the page size in Docbook without having to
> reformat the doc going to PDF (FOP).
>
> My users would like to have a "half size" manual to travel with
> instead of a regular US Letter size page. I guess I could to this at
> the printers, but it would be nice if I could do it at the office.
>
> I tried adjusting the page.height and .width but that just messed
> things up because the fonts were still the same size as were the images.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Regards,
> Dean Nelson
begin:vcard
fn:Camille Begnis
n:Begnis;Camille
org:NeoDoc
adr:;;5 rue de la Touloubre;Venelles;;13770;France
email;internet:camille@neodoc.biz
tel;work:+33.9.54.96.99.55
tel;fax:+33.9.59.96.99.55
tel;cell:+33.6.33.15.10.23