Subject: Customizing Generated Text with No Context

Hello,

I want to customize text that is generated by the docbook xslt (all output formats). I found the sections on customizing generated text in the documentation. It includes the following code sample that creates a local.l10n.xml parameter and specifies a language and context as well as the text to be customized.

<xsl:param name="local.l10n.xml" select="document('')"/>
<l:i18n xmlns:l="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/xmlns/l10n/1.0";>
  <l:l10n language="en">
    <l:context name="xref-number-and-title">
      <l:template name="chapter" text="Chapter %n: &#8220;%t&#8221;"/>
    </l:context>
  </l:l10n>
</l:i18n>

However, the text I want to customize doesn't seem to have a context. I want to customize the "Table of Contents" string to "Contents". I found the gentext entry for "TableofContents" in en.xml, and it seems to be outside of any <l:context> element.

How do I make the code work without specifying a context? I tried removing the l:context lines, and I tried setting the l:template name attribute to "", "/", and ".", but nothing works. How do I do this?

Thanks
John

--
John Green