Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] should xml:id be inside TITLE or SECT1?

Hi,

semantically speaking, I guess that when you want to reference an item,
you mean to point to the section, and not the title of it. Because if
you use

<title xml:id="wifi">Wi Fi Networking</title>

you tell the processors that the ID applies only to the title, not the
section. And actually the way xref elements are processed expects that
the ID is on the structural element (chapter, section, figure, etc.).
So the correct syntax is

<sect1 xml:id="wifi">

just test :-)

Camille.

Robert Nagle wrote:
> I am creating a book mainly for PDF rendering but also for
> ebook/chunked html output.
>
> I'll be including cross-references throughout; I don't expect to do a
> lot of fancy customizations.
>
> Is there a preferred method for when to use xml:id?
>
> <sect1 xml:id="wifi">
> <title> </title>
> <para>......</sect1>
>
> OR
>
> <sect1>
> <title xml:id="wifi">Wi Fi Networking</title>
> <para> </para> </sect1>
>
> Does it make a difference? Are there advantages to putting it in the
> title rather rather than the sect1 element? Opinions?  Thanks...
>
> rj

begin:vcard
fn:Camille Begnis
n:Begnis;Camille
org:NeoDoc
adr:;;5 rue de la Touloubre;Venelles;;13770;France
email;internet:camille@neodoc.biz
tel;work:+33.9.54.96.99.55
tel;fax:+33.9.59.96.99.55
tel;cell:+33.6.33.15.10.23