Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Converting Website to DB5: suppressingversion="5.0" attribute on children of root

As usual, I should have dug a little more before asking for help. Found
the source of my problem:

In db4-upgrade.xsl, the "*" mode="AddNS" template adds a version
attribute to the root element, like this:

	<xsl:if test="not(parent::*)">
	  <xsl:attribute name="version">5.0</xsl:attribute>
	</xsl:if>

In my customization (maybe because my root is different from what
db4-upgrade.xsl expects) the test for parent in this template doesn't
work as expected, so the attribute is applied to some elements under the
root.

However, my customization explicitly converts webpages to articles, and
  hardcodes the NS and version attributes on the generated <article>
element. So I customized the AddNS template in my stylesheet by deleting
  the lines shown above. It seems to work fine as far as I can tell.

Thanks,
Denis