Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] improve DocBook's HTML output

>And perhaps someone has an opinion on the claim that the current (X)HTML
>output suffers from "div-itis" (excessive use of <div> elements). See
>http://backtobase.wordpress.com/2007/06/20/docbook-is-not-making-my-life-easier/.

I would like to see unnecessary divs removed. Is there a purpose for them? They make styling with CSS more difficult. For example, indenting the first line of paragraphs except for the first paragraph of a chapter and a paragraph right after a heading would be much easier without the divs in between them in the HTML.

I am also in favour of improving the HTML code in general. Thanks all of you for your efforts.

Thanks
John

--
John Green