Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] revisit: putting together a docbook 5.0 toolchainORIGINALLY for linux

Jared and all,

Publican looks good. For those who care, it's not Linux-only by any means;
it seems to behave quite nicely in Mac OS X 10.6.2 as an alternative to
managing the tools in the chain using MacPorts/Fink or buying expensive
packages - and the copy I just downloaded has DocBook 5.0 support as well as
4.5.

Now there's even less excuse for Mac folk to move to 5.0.

Jeff

On 8/1/10 06:03 , "Jared Smith" <jaredsmith@jaredsmith.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-01-07 at 09:14 -0500, Eric Johnson wrote:
>> You could try the stuff at http://forgedp.fusesource.org/. It is all
>> open source. It is Saxon based and uses ant to drive the process.
>
> A more robust toolchain called Publican is already in Fedora (and
> heavily used by Red Hat).  It's the best DocBook tookchain I've come
> across (include the two or three I've written myself over the past few
> years), it is entirely open source. Publican also makes it fairly easy
> to build your own branding for documents.  It doesn't yet support
> DocBook 5, but it may be easier to start there rather than re-inventing
> the wheel.
>
> -Jared Smith

Jeff Dickey         http://archlever.blogspot.com/
Email:              jdickey@seven-sigma.com
Phone/SMS:          +65 8333 4403
Skype:              jeff_dickey
LinkedIn:           jdickey
Yahoo! IM:          jeff_dickey
MSN IM:             jeff_dickey@hotmail.com (for IM only, please)
ICQ:                8053918
QQ:                 30302349
GnuPG key:
    Fingerprint     D367 FB97 4E59 BEC0 8EBC  D8E3 3BD4 7D4C DFE0 6488
    Valid from      01 July 2009 to 31 December 2009
    Download from   http://tr.im/qqQa