Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] WebWorks Help Output

If I understand your requirement, it's a fairly typical one: you need a
web-based help output with a toc and search pane and some kind of index.
Eclipse would be great except it's a webapp and you'd rather have
something with a pre-indexed, client-side search that you can just drop
on a web server or include in another webapp with no further work.

For a while, we generated html help output, then opened the htmlhelp.hhp
file with RoboHelp and generated it's webhelp. That was a pain though
because it was a manual step in an otherwise automated process. I
understand that Flare can be run from the command line and that it's
project files are xml files, so you could probably generate a chunked
html output from docbook, generate the required Flare project files (the
toc and search index file or whatever it needs), then have your build
script run Flare on that to make their webhelp.

If you don't need anything too fancy, you could also have a look at
this: http://www.thingbag.net/docbook/docbook-webhelp/index.html

Good luck,
David