Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] revisit: putting together a docbook 5.0 toolchainORIGINALLY for linux

On 01/15/2010 11:04 PM, Bram Vogelaar wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is ant integration for Publican i would like
> to use continuous integration software (e.g Cruisecontrol) to build
> new output files upon file changes.

Sorry, Bram, there's nothing specific. However, in no time at all, I was
able to hack together an Ant build script to tell Publican to build a
document -- just use <arg>s in your build.xml to pass a Publican
action[1]  as well as any options for that action.

For example, the normal command to tell Publican to build a document in
US English, in html format would be:

publican build --lang=en-US --format=html

This worked fine for me in Ant:

<apply executable="publican">
<arg value="build"/>
<arg value="--lang=en-US"/>
<arg value="--format=html-single"/>
</apply>

I did this on Fedora, but the command syntax is identical on other Linux
platforms and on Windows, so it should work the same elsewhere.

Please feel free to drop by the Publican mailing list[2] to talk about
anything else that would help Ant users integrate the tool into their
environment.

Cheers

Ruediger

[1]